Bike Maintenance for Teens
DescriptionThis one-day course is designed to teach you the basics of bike maintenance, from recognising all the parts of your bike, servicing your bike and trouble shooting problems. Bring your own bike and go home with it working much better than it did!
You will cover:
- Bike parts
- Tyre change and tube change
- Degrease and cleaning of drive chain
- Greasing chain and cassette
- Adjusting gears and what to look for wear wise
- Adjusting headset
- Bottom bracket adjust
- Brake adjust, pad wear
- What you should carry with you on a bike ride
This workshop is open to people aged 12-18 yrs.
Please contact us for future workshops for other age groups
VenueThis workshop is held at our Eltham centre - 739 Main Road
What to bring-Your Bike
- Lunch - coffee and tea will be provided. There is a fridge in the kitchen where you can keep your lunch.
- Water bottle
About the TutorJoey Bowman is one of the founding members of Nillumbik's first Youth Council, representing the views, ideas and needs of young people at NIllumbik. Through Council Joey ahs done BMX training sessions with young people. Joey also works at the Eltham Bike Shop on Main Rd.
Concession feesA Concession fee of around 10% off is available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards.
If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount".
You may be asked to present your Health Care card, Pension concession card or Veterans Gold card for verification when attending a course or activity.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794