Food Safety - 1 day course
This one-day course will teach learners about food safety and give you the skills to use hygienic practices that minimise the risk of food being contaminated while it is being prepared and served.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to understand:
- The requirements and responsibilities of safe food handling
- What hygiene hazards are and how they can be identified
- What procedures need to be followed to eliminate potential hygiene hazards
- The importance of reporting health issues and unhygienic practices
- How to prevent food contamination and cross-contamination.
- The statistics related to food poisoning in Australia
- Those most vulnerable groups at risk of food poisoning
This course is aimed at providing people looking for a job in cafes or hospitality with some knowledge and skills and a Certificate of Participation to put in your resume.
Please note this is a non-accredited course.
Open to anyone over 15 years of age.
The course runs from 10am-3pm
Eltham L&LN Training site, 905-907 Main Rd, Eltham (opposite the Burger Lounge, next to Eltham Kindergarten) (15 yrs and over)
Fee-paying - $75
Concession - $65
What to Bring
- a drink bottle
- a snack/morning tea if desired
- notepad and pen.
Eligibility for Government Subsidised fees
This fee is available to:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, and their dependant children and dependant spouses
- Pensioner Concession Card holders, and their dependant children and dependant spouses
- Veteran's Gold Card holders (but not their dependants)
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
People with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794