Wicking Bed workshop
DescriptionJoin our Garden Coordinator, local horticulturist Melissa Houselander, to learn how to make a wicking bed from scratch and set it up to grow your own fresh produce. The concept can be applied to any size bed to fit any garden.
In this workshop we will be building a wicking bed for the Panton Hill Community Garden. You will learn:
- about the concept of a wicking bed and how it works
- what materials to use
- how to layer your wicking bed
- tips and tricks for growing plants in your wicking bed
- ongoing maintenance and care for your wicking bed
This workshop will be held at the Panton Hill Neighbourhood House - 18 Bishops Road, Panton Hill
You will received diagrams and instructions to take home as well as links to further resources.
A light lunch will be included
- clothes suitable for gardening
What to bring
- gardening gloves
About the Tutor
Concession feesA Concession fee of around 10% off is available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards.
If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount".
You may be asked to present your Health Care card, Pension concession card or Veterans Gold card for verification when attending a course or activity.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: email@example.com
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794