Outsmarting Scammers: A Digital Security Workshop for Identity Protection
DescriptionIn this workshop, you will receive comprehensive guidance on safeguarding your identity and personal information in the digital realm.
Topics covered include strategies for maintaining online security, such as creating strong passwords and managing them effectively. We will also explore the different types of scams that exist and provide tips on how to recognise and avoid falling victim to them. Additionally, we will discuss how scammers operate, including the deceptive tactics they use through social engineering.
Participants will learn how to assess the legitimacy of emails and websites, and gain insights into the tricks scammers use to gain access to personal information. By the end of the workshop, you will have a solid understanding of best practices for protecting your personal information in the digital age and be equipped to safeguard your online activity.
You will cover:
- How to protect your identity and information secure when using the internet.
- What is a scam? What types of scams are out there?
- How to recognise a scam.
- How to know if an email or website is legitimate.
- What scammers do and how they operate.
- How to create a good password, and how to manage your passwords.
- What is social engineering?
VenueThis workshop will be held at our Eltham centre - 739 Main Road
A light lunch will follow the workshop.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794