Pottery for beginners and beyond
DescriptionLearn throwing, hand-building, glazing and decorating skills. Whether you have experience or are completely new to clay, come along and create something unique to you.
All classes are held in our well-equipped clay studio at our Eltham centre. Clay can be purchased and we have a firing service. These courses are very popular, so book early.
These courses are open to people aged 18 years and over. Places may be available in this course after the start date. Please contact us to enquire: 9433 3744
VenueThis course is held in our well equipped Clay Studio at our Eltham centre - 739 Main Road.
What to bring
- Read Safe Studio Practices prior to your first class. This includes what to wear and what to bring: Safe Studio Practices (PDF) / Safe Studio Practices (Screen reader accessible version)
- We advise you to buy your materials/equipment no more than one week prior to the start of the course to avoid expense for a course that may be cancelled.
- Clay is available for purchase. Please note that clay and firing costs are not included in fees: Clay and firing costs (PDF) / Clay and firing costs (screen reader accissible version).
Josephine Cassar (Wednesday evening class) is an accomplished potter who believes that 'happiness is making beautiful objects out of mud'. She has been a potter for a long time and has studied with established potters both in Australia and overseas. She loves teaching students how to use the potters wheel and hand building techniques to make unique objects. You can view examples of her work at #CassarClay.
About the Tutors
Nola Smith (Tuesday evening class) is a very experienced potter who loves to see her students discover the joys of making with clay. She is adept at wheel work and hand building as well as being knowledgeable about glazing techniques.
Concession feesA Concession fee of around 10% off is available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards.
If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount".
You may be asked to present your Health Care card, Pension concession card or Veterans Gold card for verification when attending a course or activity.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794