Sew Social MakerSpace
DescriptionMakerSpaces are creative, social spaces coordinated by volunteers which provide opportunities for people to share, learn and connect. This MakerSpace is specifically for those who have an interest in sewing of any kind. Join this group to be inspired, learn new skills and share your projects and knowledge with others. Gain inspiration and share ideas as you work on your own project.
Join like minded sewers for a fun, informative session once a month where the participants set their own projects or choose to sew a particular project as part of the group. New members are welcome anytime including beginners to sewing.
This group meets fortnightly:
- First Thursday of each month - skill sharing - 2019 focus is beginner sewing skills (pyjama pants and more)
- Third Thursday of each month - project progression
This course is open to people 18 years and over.
You can join this group at any time after the the start date. Please call us on 9433 3744 to enquire.
VenueThis MakerSpace meets at our Diamond Creek Centre - 119 Cowin Street, Diamond Creek
What to bring
- Sewing machine and manual
- Power board (optional)
- Long dressmaking pins
- Tape measure
- Quick unpick tool
- Quality fabric shears (not paper scissors)
- Sewing project if you have one or ideas and fabric to start one.
About the CoordinatorLenna is a qualified school teacher who has many years of experience in training both school aged and adult learners in sewing skills. Coming from a adult training background in a university / TAFE environment. Lenna is an amazing resource for sewing techniques as are the other members of the Sew Social MakerSpace.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: email@example.com
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794