Leadlight and glass art for beginners and beyond
DescriptionLearn the beautiful art of leadlighting. If you have a project in mind this is the place to realise it.
Beginners start with a kit project, which will teach you the basics of leadlighting. After that, you will be able to develop your own project, with the assistance of our experienced tutors in the relaxing and friendly atmosphere of the art studio.
- Cut glass with ease and confidence (even quite challenging shapes)
- Lead up, putty and finish your project to a professional finish
- Measure up correctly and accurately for a window
- Move on to beginning to design, draw up and build a project of your choice
- You will also have the option of learning copperfoiling and glass mosaics.
Comments from participants
“Great community, highly skilled teachers – very social class.”
“The tutors have great expert knowledge and assistance.”
Further informationThis activity is open to people aged 18 years and over.
The unborn child and infants are particularly susceptible to the effects of lead and, on this basis, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are excluded from leadlighting courses.
Places may be available in these courses after the start date. Please contact us to enquire: 9433 3744
VenueThis course is held in our well equipped Art Studio at our Eltham centre - 739 Main Road.
What to bring
- Read Leadlight Safe Studio Practices prior to attending your first class and bring the document with you. Leadlight Safe Studio Practices (PDF) / Leadlight Safe Studio Practices (screen reader accessible version)
- See the Leadlighting material list to find out what you need to bring to the first class: Leadlight material list (PDF) / Leadlight material list (screen reader accessible version)
- If you are a beginner you will need to purchase your leadlight kit prior to the first class. The kit costs $40 and is additional to the fee for this course. See the above material list to see what the kit contains. Phone 9433 3744 to organise your kit.
- Glass grinders are provided.
- We advise you to buy your materials/equipment no more than one week prior to the start of the course to avoid expense for a course that may be cancelled.
About the TutorsBronwyn De Bondi
"I have been working with and tutoring in glasswork for over 20 years. I continue to be fascinated with the wide range of effects of light shining through glass and revel in exploring this through leadlighting, glass mosaiccing and copper foiling and by combining elements of each - at times including some glass fusion. I love the opportunity to pass on some of my passion to others and to see the benefits of the class groups - which well exceed simply learning a new skill."
"I find the friendships that you make while helping others so rewarding. Glass can and does tell a wonderful story in all your work. The texture and colours are amazing and you also find one or two students that show you another side to the colours to be used. I find that when a project is finished, the joy and pride that is shown on the face of the student is there for all to enjoy. It is also great to see the continuing improvement of the student."
Concession feesA Concession fee of around 10% off is available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards.
If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount".
You may be asked to present your Health Care card, Pension concession card or Veterans Gold card for verification when attending a course or activity.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794