Community organic vegie gardening
DescriptionWhether you are an experienced gardener or absolute beginner, everyone is welcome to join this group.
- Share gardening skills, tips and tricks
- Meet new people
- Grow fresh food to share
Feel free to drop by to have a look at the garden, to find out more and to meet the garden coordinators. You can join at any time. It's free - we just need you to register once. For more information, call us on 9433 3744.
Ways that you can be involved:
- Attend gardening sessions and get your hands dirty; planting, propagating, weeding, composting...
- Donate items to the garden e.g. cuttings or seeds collected from your home garden, food waste for compost...
- Create artwork for the garden in class e.g. mosaics, pottery...
- Share gardening knowledge/skills with the group
- A ‘food swap’ - bring things from your home garden to swap with others
- Once we are ready to harvest a crop, share lunch!
This is not an allotment style garden.
This activity is open to people aged 18 years and over.
Venue(s)This activity is held at our:
- Eltham Neighbourhood House - 739 Main Road.
- Panton Hill Neighbourhood House - 18 Bishops Road.
Please read the information sheet for what to wear, what to bring and safety: Community gardening safety (PDF) / Community gardening safety (screen reader accessible version)
What to bring
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: email@example.com
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794