Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts MakerSpace
DescriptionThis MakerSpace is for people who love to scrapbook or make things from paper. By working with other people who are into paper art and craft, you can gain inspiration, learn new techniques and share ideas.
If you don’t have space at home or your own studio, this is a great way of working on your project in the company of others. If you are new to paper-crafting, you are very welcome - the group are happy to help get you started!
Regular attendance is not required - drop in anytime during the scheduled hours.
MakerSpaces are creative, social spaces, coordinated by volunteers, which provide opportunities for people to share, learn and connect. There are various MakerSpaces at different locations. Find out more about MakerSpaces.
Participants have the opportunity to exhibit in our end of year diversARTy exhibition at Eltham Library Gallery to celebrate their achievements with friends and family.
This activity is open to people aged 18 years and over.
You can enrol in a MakerSpace at any time.
The MakerSpace fee shown below will be the half-price fee from 1 July.
VenueThis MakerSpace is held at our Eltham centre - 739 Main Road.
What to bringBring along your project ideas and your tools and materials.
If you are a complete beginner, this list will get you started:
- Adhesive - Double-sided tape, glue stick
- Pencil & eraser
- Journaling pen
- Craft knife & cutting mat or paper trimmer – (optional, as a heavy duty paper cutter is available)
- Scrapbook paper
- Cardstock, blank books, albums – whatever you want to work on
- Riot Art and Craft - Greensborough Plaza
- Kmart - Greensborough Plaza
- Kaisercraft - Uni Hill, Bundoora
- Typo - Uni Hill, Bundoora / Doncaster Shoppingtown / Northland Shopping Centre
- Craft online
About the MakerSpace coordinatorSue Hawthorne has been scrapbooking for ten years and finds the craft to be a wonderful creative outlet. Her particular interests are in creating mini albums, “off the page” projects like folded books, calendars, cards and other custom projects. She loves sharing her passion with others.
No sessions on public holidays
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794