Indian cooking - Punjabi
DescriptionThe vast Indian sub-continent contains a myriad of diverse regional cuisines. Punjabi food is often what people think of when they think of Indian food.
Learn how to cook a healthy, North West Indian, vegetarian meal from scratch using authentic ingredients. Enjoy eating what has been made after at the end of the session or take it home for your next main meal.
What to expect
Join a small group of 6-8 participants at these hands on cooking sessions guided by demonstrations from an enthusiastic and knowledgeable tutor. Simple approaches and techniques, authentic shortcuts and steps for preparation will all be covered.
Who would find this course useful?
- People who want to learn to make cheap, nutritious and healthy vegetarian food
- Busy people who only have time to cook once or twice a week but still want to eat well by freezing extra portions
- Health conscious people who want to spice up their life with some new Indian meals.
This course is open to people 18 years and over.
What to bring
- cotton tea towel
- cutting board / mat
- snap lock bags or storage containers for any leftovers
About the TutorTaariq is UK born with Pakistani and white Australian parentage. He has travelled extensively in India and Pakistan on numerous occasions and is fluent in Hindi and Urdu languages. Taariq is proficient and enthusiastic at cooking traditional Indian cuisine and enjoys sharing his skills and knowledge with others. He is also a qualified teacher and has completed a Cert IV in training and assessment.
Concession feesConcession fees are available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards. If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount'. You may be asked to present your card for verification when attending the course or activity.
|Indian cooking - Punjabi||Hurstbridge||Tuesday 11-18 February 2020, 6:30pm-8:30pm||$95.00|
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794