There are two very different computer skills courses on offer.
Introduction to Excel - One hour online (Zoom)
Excel is packed with tools but in this fast paced hour, gain an insight into some of the basics of the program, such as:
- What Excel is used for
- Entering data and moving around a spreadsheet
- Understanding simple calculations and formulas
Computer skills update - face to face
This course is suitable for those who wish to enter back into the workforce after a break and are keen to start the process of bringing their computer skills up to speed. Previous Microsoft (not Apple Mac) computer training is required although it may not be recent. The following broad topics will be used as a benchmark for the specific learning needs of the group.
- A brief look at Windows operating systems/Office packages and terminology (as needed!)
- Interface and tools of the 3 programs
- Where to get information and help
- Exercises to complete in each program
- Headers and Footers
- Working in and formatting a spreadsheet
- Principles of Excel – Formulas
- Slides, entering and formatting information
- Slideshows including practicing and presenting
The course will be tailored as possible to respond to the needs of the group. It will concentrate on the concepts of how to use the task bar intuitively using practical examples rather than the specific detailed steps of how to perform each individual function.
This activity is open to people 18 years and over.
VenueComputer skills update is held in our Diamond Creek Centre at 119 Cowin Street, Diamond Creek.
Introduction to Excel is held online using Zoom. Participants must have a suitable device and data plan to run Zoom. For people who are new to Zoom, we offer a free, online, supported practice session.
What to bring
- Pen and notebook
- Bring your own laptop if you have one or ask for us to provide one at least 24 hours prior to the start of your activity.
Concession fees are available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension concession cards or Veterans Gold cards. If you are eligible, please select the concession fee when enrolling and click "calculate discount'. You may be asked to present your card for verification when attending the course or activity.
- Phone: (03) 9433 3744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diamond Creek
- 119 Cowin Street
- Diamond Creek 3089
- 739 Main Road
- Eltham 3095
- Panton Hill
- 18 Bishops Road
- Panton Hill 3759
- Nillumbik Shire Council trading as Living &
- Learning Nillumbik, Registered Training
- Organisation No. 3989, ABN 64 487 894 794